Lockdown Day Thisday
Not sure which day I am on any more. Quarantine days have become hot potato. Might be day 15 perhaps day 16. Depends surely on when you started taking it all seriously. Personally, didn’t give much thought to it until some do-gooder pointed out that it was not about how my body might deal with catch said virus but what might happen to those on the receiving end of my generosity that would be the more pressing issue (current average rate is 1 person passes to 3-6 others. Caring is not always sharing). Rock, bless him, would be a gonner. He may have the physical strength of a rutting Rhino but he has trouble dealing with the average common cold. Asthma.
Good news. Have fantastic new hobby. Colouring. Could do it all day. Added bonus is that it is portable and fully inclusive. Youngling loves a bit of colouring. Have ordered more pens with a variety of tips and finishes for, as yet, uncomissioned works of art.
World has come to a somewhat of a grinding halt. Schools, shops, clubs, gyms and pubs all closed. Some, alas, will never reopen. Tis not all bad though as some industries are thriving under new world order:
- Mail order companies – can now legitimately abandon your parcel at your door and drive off.
- Online workouts – a plethora of workouts to choose from with the new issue of, which darned one?
- Education app providers have been very busy trying to assist desperate parents with their sub standard home schooling. (reflecting me thinks).
- Jigsaw Puzzle makers – what could while away the hours better than a 3,000 piece puzzle of a cloud?
- Supermarkets profits have increased by a gazillion million.
- Hand sanitizer / paracetamol/disinfectant producers … and alcohol…oh and chocolate.
- Finally and joyously the birds and the bees are loving the lack of humans and all things humanly. The reduction in man made calamity has caused huge excitement in the natural world and creatures great and small have been venturing forth from their dens and lairs to take a peek.